Saturday, October 20, 2007

Back-to-Back Catfish

How 'bout that Todd's Taste of the Town!

For the second week in a row, catfish was featured in the restaurant segment on ESPN's College Game Day.

Tonight, sports analyst Todd Blackledge ate Catfish Acadiana at Walk-On's Restaurant near Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, La. Last week, he had fried catfish at The Catfish Hole in Fayetteville, Ark. So I guess you could say that catfish is a favorite dish of the Southeastern Conference! The TV commentators remarked about the back-to-back catfish segments, adding that fish is good for you!

This Cajun recipe used catfish fillets topped with crawfish etouffee and served over a bed of rice. Yum! Yum!

I guess y'all can tell I'm a college football fan! Yes, I'm still up watching the exciting fourth quarter of the Auburn vs. LSU football game.

7 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

Well hope you're an LSU fan!

I love crawfish. I don't suck the head though (sorry if I'm offending anyone.) I just can't bring myself to do it.

But crawfish and catfish together? Now that's one tasty dish.

Love,
Julie

Fruity said...

Fried catfish is nice, compliment with lemon and tartar sauce. Over in Asia, catfishes are considered as cheap fish and it is dirt cheap but yet, not many people wanted to buy them. Probably, most came from those dirty river and it sinks! Saltwater catfish I would prefer
Fruity

Anonymous said...

We are big college football fans here as well. Actually, my husband is and I am by default :)

JANET said...

Hi and thanks for your comments.
Julie, catfish is good practically plain, but crawfish...another story! It's gotta have some seasoning, in my opinion.

Fruit species, you make some good points here. I always check labels in the grocery store when buying fish and seafood, particularly catfish. U.S. labeling laws now require the country of origin at the market, but it isn't required for restaurants. So, I just ask the waiter where the fish came from.

Kristen, well my team lost last night, but it was a good game to the very end. The win probably insures LSU will be the SEC West champion.

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I am like you Janet, when buying catfish, I check the labels to see where they come from. Usually, we just catch our own to fry up. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Well Janet, I am crying... a combination of chopping onions and watching Auburn loose in the last second!
War Eagle anyhoooo

JANET said...

Hi Sandi, I hate sad endings like that! Perhaps Auburn will regroup this week!