Monday, August 13, 2007

A Few Good Catfish Recipes

Hi y'all.
I just surfed over to the Yahoo Homepage and noticed its food feature. Pecan-crusted catfish from Martha Stewart is on the Yahoo Foods suggested menu for Thursday. You mix crushed pecans with cornmeal, then dredge your fillets in the mixture. Now I know another way to use those pecans I've got in the freezer!

Some others are Sauteed Catfish with Mustard Sauce and Catfish and Potatoes with Salsa Verde from Food & Wine.The latter recipe calls for anchovy paste. I've never tried that ingredient, but the new potatoes sound good! Another one is Jerk Catfish.

Hmmmm...I believe that might have a Caribbean flavor.

6 comments:

Cris said...

What an interesting place you live, I was reading down the other posts. Thanks for the recipe hints, they look so yummy!

JANET said...

Hi Cris, thanks for visiting! Glad you like the recipe ideas.

Flea Market Queen said...

Yummy Catfish! I will def try these recipes...thanks!
Thanks for the visit too...

Thistlemoon said...

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll! I just love the name of your blog! Very clever!

JANET said...

Thank y'all for visiting! Glad you like the recipe links and the blog name!
Thanks, jenndz, for including me.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm! Those all sound really good!